The Dog Whisperer
In this instructional video, renowned dog whisperer Paul Owens presents his step-by-step process for not only controlling your pooch but improving overall communication with your pet. Whether you're an experienced dog trainer or a new owner, Owens' simple, positive methods will help rid your four-legged friend of bad habits (such as jumping, digging, chewing and barking) while instilling good behavior.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
The Dog WhispererClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this show sometimes features aggressive dogs who bite or attempt to attack other dogs. Also, although some of the show's methods for dealing with troubled dogs may look easy, they shouldn't be attempted by untrained people, especially kids. Warnings appear on the screen to discourage regular folks from trying some of the expert's approaches, but parents may want to reinforce that message to younger viewers.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Some aggressive doggie behavior -- biting, loud barking, etc. Nothing too scary.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- The importance of responsible dog ownership practices is emphasized here.
- Millan drives a bright red Jeep to visit clients. Sometimes he introduces branded technology into his training.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it