The Godfather: Part II
The Corleone family roots are explored, tracing Don Vito's journey from Sicily to a life of organized crime in New York. In a parallel story, his grown son Michael extends operations to Cuba and contends with more betrayal and murder.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Francis Ford Coppola
- This movie is
- DVD and Blu-ray
- TIME® Magazine List
- All-TIME 100 Movies
- 1976 BAFTA®
- Best Actor: Al Pacino
- 1975 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Best Director (Motion Picture) nominee
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Top 100 Movies
- 1975 Academy Award®
- Best Picture
- Best Writing Adapted Screenplay
- Best Music Score
- Best Supporting Actor: Robert De Niro
- Best Art Direction
- Best Director: Francis Ford Coppola
- Best Supporting Actor nominee: Lee Strasberg
- Best Supporting Actress nominee: Talia Shire
- Best Actor nominee: Al Pacino
- Best Supporting Actor nominee: Michael V. Gazzo
- Best Costume Design nominee
RRestricted. Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital MonoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentary by Francis Ford Coppola. This film spans two discs; both discs will be shipped to you simultaneously.
English, English SDH, French, Spanish (Neutral), PortugueseClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby True HD, English: Dolby Digital Mono, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary.
The Godfather: Part IIClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that while this is a cinematic masterpiece, the themes and events of this film is not suitable for young teens. Graphic violence in this film is interspersed with long discussions about mafia strategy and the organization of the family. In the opening scene, a mother begs the local don to spare her only son's life at her husband's funeral. The son is shot soon after.
- Sexual Content
- Implied sex, references to male genitalia.
- A lot of murders, graphic violence. Shootings, strangulations, stabbings. There is an almost constant threat of violence.
- Occasional foul language.
- Social Behavior
- While the importance of family is a central theme, this is a story about the mafia family, people who seem to be above the law and justice. The only justice in this film is mob justice which means they lie, cheat and kill on their quest to amass their fortunes and build their empires.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Casual drinking and smoking, a few drunk people here and there.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it