The Good Girl
Feeling trapped in her marriage, "good girl" Justine begins an affair with Holden, a younger co-worker who's obsessed with The Catcher in the Rye. But it doesn't take long for Holden's passion to bloom into a poisonous obsession.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Miguel Arteta
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1, Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; filmmakers' commentary; deleted scenes (with optional commentary); alternate ending; outtakes.
The Good GirlClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this film deals with potentially upsetting issues such as mental illness and infidelity in an understated manner. Strong language is used throughout the film, and there are several scenes depicting sex without frontal nudity. Alcohol and drug abuse (pot) are depicted. There is a scene of coerced sex that verges on rape, and two offscreen deaths, one by suicide.
- Sexual Content
- There is a scene of coerced sex that verges on rape; other sex scenes.
- Two offscreen deaths, one by suicide.
- Strong language is used throughout the film.
- Social Behavior
- The movie is a parable about how the absolute, black and white beliefs of youth give way to mature compromise.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Alcohol and drug abuse (pot) are depicted.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it