The Heartbreak Kid
Ben Stiller stars as a newlywed who marries a dreamy woman, only to learn on their honeymoon that she's a total nightmare. As the discovery sets in, Eddie meets the real girl of his dreams ... but what to do now that he's already married?
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- DVD and Blu-ray
RStrong sexual content, crude humor, language, and a scene of drug use involving a minor
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; director's commentary; bloopers.
English, English SDH, French, PortugueseClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby True HD, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; director's commentary; bloopers; trailer; gag reel; Easter Eggs; additional featurettes.
The Heartbreak KidClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this hard-R comedy about a man who pursues another woman three days into his marriage (and doesn't seem to see a problem in that) will appeal to teens who love the Farrelly brothers and Ben Stiller, but the material is decidedly adult. There's enough sexual banter and outright nudity to make anyone blush: A couple is shown a number of times in non-traditional positions, with the woman shouting out orders about what the man should do to pleasure her; a man is said to have placed a married woman's hand on his genitals; a septuagenarian is shown in a hot tub with a much younger woman, with her massively implanted breasts bobbing in the water; etc.. Plus, there's profanity galore (from the usual suspects like "f--k" and "s--t" to some pretty imaginative combinations of those two and lots of their buddies), lots of drinking, and a pot-smoking scene.
- Sexual Content
- Lots of innuendoes and discussions about sex (one character calls sex "crushing p---y"); a few scenes in which bare breasts are flashed during sex, with a couple shown in awkward positions; in one envelope-pushing scene, a woman urinates on a man, and her private parts (or what looks like them) are shown in close-up.
- A man bludgeons another man's legs with a baseball bat; some slapping during sex; some police brutality -- but it's all played for laughs.
- Strong and frequent. Words include: "damn," "c--t," "a--hole," "s--t" and "f--k," and various combos of them all.
- Social Behavior
- A married man cheats on his wife within days of the wedding; his bride, on the other hand, appears to morph into a horrid version of herself within the same amount of time (it turns out that she's been somewhat misrepresenting the truth); characters do drugs, act dopey, hit each other, threaten bodily harm, etc.
- Signs of touristy things to do at the Mexican resort; characters sing recognizable lyrics to songs loudly as they drive in the car; some liquor bottles are prominently displayed, as is the cover of a porno movie.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Much vacation drinking (tequila shots, champagne, cocktails) and one scene in which a couple shares marijuana.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it