This gripping drama follows the parallel lives of three 20th-century women: incomparable writer Virginia Woolf, an unsatisfied 1950s housewife and a modern-day book editor who's losing her former lover to AIDS.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Stephen Daldry
- 2003 BAFTA®
- 2003 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Motion Picture (Drama)
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Drama)
- Best Director (Motion Picture) nominee
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture nominee
- 2003 Academy Award®
PG-13Mature thematic elements, some disturbing images and brief language
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentaries; introduction by the filmmakers.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie has tense and sad situations, including two suicides and one near-suicide. A character speaks of having to have a serious operation. There are sexual references and situations, including artificial insemination and same-sex kisses. Characters use strong language. Gay and bi-sexual characters are positively portrayed though sometimes anguished and isolated.
- Sexual Content
- Sexual references and situations including same-sex kisses
- None Suicides
- Some strong language
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking, smoking, and prescription drug use
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it