The Ice Harvest
Unethical dim-bulb attorney Charlie Arglist embezzles $2 million from a mobster. Not content with the cash, the sleazy lawyer plans to skip town with pretty club owner Renata Crest -- until the cops and townsfolk grow increasingly suspicious.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Harold Ramis
- This movie is
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
The Ice HarvestClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie isn't for kids. A holiday comedy of the Bad Santa type, it shows repeated arguments among friends and family members: one man argues with his wife; a young boy yells at his father; another man shoots his wife (off screen); two best friends eventually bond over their mutual hatred of the woman they have both married, one after the other. Characters lie, cheat, fight, and vomit. They drink to drunkenness (one from a flask while driving), smoke cigarettes, and hang out in strip clubs. Acts of violence involve handguns, shotguns, knives, and cars.
- Sexual Content
- Sexual slang (references to acts and genitalia); strippers pole dancing; seductions as means to other ends.
- Stabbing, shooting, fighting -- all as " comedy."
- Many, many f-words; crude language used in anger, frustration, and drunkenness.
- Social Behavior
- Cheating, lying, stealing, killing, vomiting.
- References to Subway, liquor brands, car brands (Lincoln, Mercedes).
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Several characters drink, most often to the point of drunkenness (including while driving); cigarette smoking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it