The Incredible Mr. Limpet
Henry Limpet, a meek bookkeeper, loves his pet fish so much that he longs to be one. When Henry's wish comes true and he's turned into a talking fish, he helps the U.S. Navy defeat the Nazis during World War II.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Arthur Lubin
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1, Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital Mono, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital MonoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; cast and crew information; making-of featurette; new introduction by Don Knotts; interactive game; DVD-ROM features.
The Incredible Mr. LimpetClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie discusses death and shows Henry falling into the ocean as a fun, comic thing that doesn't hurt him. The movie also acknowledges "spawning" so kids may ask for an explanation.
- Sexual Content
- Henry kisses Bessy on the cheek. Ladyfish rubs up against Henry and wants to spawn with him. Ladyfish kisses Crusty.
- Lots of comic violence, including Henry falling off the dock and being presumed dead, fish eating each other, a fish being caught on a hook. Lots of naval warfare, including torpedo fires and depth charges.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Ladyfish is the typical damsel in distress and seems to have no thoughts of her own except about Henry.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Stickel and Harlock smoke cigarettes.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it