The Invisible Circus
Phoebe (Jordana Brewster) journeys to Europe to unravel the mystery behind the untimely death of her beloved older sister, Faith (Cameron Diaz). Using old postcards and the assistance of Faith's boyfriend, Wolf (Christopher Eccleston), Phoebe discovers numerous truths about her past -- and her future with Wolf. Adam Brooks directs this film, which is based on Jennifer Egan's best-selling novel. Blythe Danner co-stars.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Adam Brooks
- This movie is
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1, Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer.
The Invisible CircusClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know there is graphic sexual content and drug use in the movie. The teenaged Phoebe has sex with the much older ex-lover of her sister. Phoebe has a nasty acid trip. Some mature themes you may want to discuss with your teen: Terrorism, political commitment, young love, independence, accidental death, loss of a parent, suicide.
- Sexual Content
- A glimpse of a topless woman. When teenaged Phoebe has sex with Wolf, we see her bare breasts.
- A terrorist act goes awry and kills a man. A girl throws herself off a cliff. We see Faith contend with the fatal consequences of her political act. Phoebe drops acid and becomes disoriented.
- Consistent with the "R" rating: moderate to extreme profanity.
- Social Behavior
- Few characters of color appear.
- Not applicable.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drug and cigarette use. The main character takes LSD.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it