The Killing Fields
Sam Waterston portrays Sydney Schanberg, the New York Times journalist who won a Pulitzer for his coverage of the civil war in Cambodia. Aided by his translator, Dith Pran, Schanberg shines a light on the tragedy and madness of the bloody conflict.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Roland Joffé
- 1985 BAFTA®
- 1985 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture
- Best Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Best Director (Motion Picture) nominee
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Top 100 Movies nominee
RRestricted. Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
English, FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; audio commentary by director Roland Joffe; bonus footage from the director's archives.
The Killing FieldsClose
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it