The Land Before Time III: The Time of the Great Giving
Uh-oh! Trouble comes to the Great Valley in the form of a crashed meteorite that now blocks the main water supply. As the land dries up and the animals begin to go thirsty, the different dinosaurs who once coexisted peacefully become contentious. When bigotry and bickering increase, Littlefoot and his gang decide that it's up to them to save the day -- but first, they must face down Tyrannosauruses and other carnivores.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Roy Allen Smith
- DVD and streaming
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; interactive games; sing-along song; character information; trailers; promotions; DVD-ROM features.
The Land Before Time III: The Time of the Great GivingClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that The Land Before Time III: The Time of Great Giving shows the dinosaur habitat threatened by reduced water supply, which leads to petty squabbles, in-fighting, and territorial intimidation. There is some peril throughout, recurring bullying, and poor communication; however, in each case, the conflict is used to demonstrate resolution.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- There is occasional peril throughout: In one scene, a meteorite strikes and causes a mudslide, threatening the safety of the dinosaurs. In another, dinosaurs intimidate and charge each other in a fight. A fast-spreading fire threatens the dinosaurs' safety, sending a young dinosaur tumbling down a cliff. There are multiple scenes of bullying. The dinosaurs are threatened by an angry trio of tyrannosaurus rexes.
- Occasional insults such as "dummy" or "baby" are used.
- Social Behavior
- The Land Before Time III: The Time of Great Giving offers a slew of positive messages about working together to resolve differences, surviving with few resources, compromising, admitting you're wrong or that you've been shortsighted, and the price of negative or doomsday thinking. There are additional great lessons about yelling and working to express negative emotions more constructively.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it