The Land Before Time XIV: Journey of the Brave
After his father doesn't return from an important journey, Littlefoot and company set out to find him. As they travel across strange landscapes and meet new friends, Etta (voiced by Reba McEntire) and Wild Arms (voiced by Damon Wayans Jr.), Littlefoot and friends discover that by pulling together they can overcome any challenge
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- David Dol
- This movie is
- DVD and streaming
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1Subtitles
English SDHClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
The Land Before Time XIV: Journey of the BraveClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that The Land Before Time: Journey of the Brave is another entry in the Land Before Time series, which followed the release of the initial film in 1988. In this tale, a band of young dinosaurs join with Little Foot, the kind and brave hero, to rescue his dad from the aftermath of a volcano eruption. On their journey, the little ones must wend their way through a series of adventures, which provide cartoon danger and suspense (a sandstorm, a rock slide, chases by scary predators, and falls from on high). Though there are no injuries or deaths, it's still best-suited for kids who understand the difference between pretend and real violence. Reba McIntyre and Damon Wayons, Jr. provide the voices for guest characters, with McIntyre singing one of the four original songs that accompany the easy-to-understand story.
- Cartoon danger includes: an erupting volcano with fire and lava; roaring "feather-headed, sharp-teeth" dinos who chase the heroes, threatening to eat them; rocks falling and trapping two creatures in a cave; a sandstorm; a fall from a ledge into water; and going over a waterfall. A father dino is trapped in a fiery river with his leg stuck. No one is hurt or killed.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Places great value on teamwork, resourcefulness, optimism. Kids are advised to listen to grown-ups and that friendship is important.
- This DVD is the 14th in the Land Before Time series.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it