The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice
Librarian Flynn Carsen must rescue a kidnapped scholar and track down the legendary Judas Chalice to stop the revival of a vampire. Carsen teams up with a mysterious woman and sets out to find the chalice before it falls into the hands of a cult.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Jonathan Frakes
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; making-of featurette; behind-the-scenes featurette.
The Librarian: Curse of the Judas ChaliceClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that vampires are the subject matter in this addition to the Librarian series, and the fangs and blood sucking could frighten younger viewers. Flynn falls in love with, and sleeps with, a vampire. Know that this edition of the series is racier than previous installments, with more blood and frightening images. Beware also of messages regarding debauchery in New Orleans -- drinking and sex abound.
- Sexual Content
- Flynn is attracted to Simone and her tight, revealing outfit. Simone keeps a key in her garter belt, which she removes, showing a lot of thigh. She jumps on him and they sleep together the night that they meet. People on the street make out explicitly.
- Not only do the bad guys use guns, but they employ hand grenades and poison. Lots of guns and gun violence. Frightening vampire bites and zombie chases.
- Language regarding to violence is disturbing. "Kill him and make it interesting."
- Social Behavior
- Flynn does not set good examples with his behavior. He parties, he has sex with vampires, he's targeted by the mafia. It's all in good fun, but he's still acting in a pretty risky manner.
- New Orleans restaurants and bars.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking in excess. All of the main characters drink alcohol (except Judson.) Flynn is forced to drink a hallucinogenic drug that makes him have trippy experiences.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it