The Librarian: Return to King Solomon's Mines
In this sequel, librarian Flynn Carsen's double life as an archaeologist leads to heart-pounding adventure and intrigue. Flynn's sober academic life is interrupted when he's called upon to save antiquities hidden in the fabled mines of King Solomon.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Jonathan Frakes
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
The Librarian: Return to King Solomon's MinesClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this enjoyable addition to the Librarian series does contain a decent amount of gun violence. A torture scene where family members are made to watch the abuse is disturbing. Nevertheless, the humorous characters and their escapades will keep audiences engaged.
- Sexual Content
- Emily is shown in seductive clothing, in seductive poses. She and Flynn kiss and then sleep together, though the latter is implied because Flynn wakes up half-naked in her bed, where she lies half-covered in sheets.
- Bad guys carry guns and shoot them profusely. Torture scenes include a man being beaten and his family brought in to view his suffering. Lots of punching, bashing over the head with objects, bloody noses. Bad guys get thrown into boiling lava. Flynn uses sword and staff to fight. Some scary visuals of ghosts.
- Language pertaining to violence and torture can be intense for sensitive viewers.
- Social Behavior
- Flynn's adventures bring him in touch with people of many cultures, but the ethnic identities are sometimes stereotyped. People of Arab decent are portrayed as bad guys in this film. Religious stories surrounding the King Solomon tale are displayed as truth, rather than myth.
- Judson mentions that he bought an arrowhead on Ebay.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Flynn and Uncle Jerry drink hard alcohol during Flynn's birthday party. They drink spirits again on a train in Africa. This time Emily joins them and gets so drunk that she has to leave. Then she sleeps with Flynn.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it