The Lion in Winter
In this stylish costume drama, England's King Henry II (Peter O'Toole) and his dysfunctional family gather on Christmas Eve to decide who will inherit the throne. What ensues is a bitter battle of wills that strains every family bond of love and trust. Henry fancies youngest son John (Nigel Terry), but his iron-willed spouse (Katharine Hepburn) thinks the crown should go to eldest son Richard the Lionhearted (Anthony Hopkins, in his film debut).
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Anthony Harvey
- This movie is
- 1969 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Drama)
- Best Motion Picture (Drama)
- Best Director (Motion Picture) nominee
- Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture nominee
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
PGParental guidance suggested. Some material may not be suitable for children.
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1, Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital MonoOther features
Color; region 1 encoding; interactive menus; scene access; trailer
The Lion in WinterClose
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it