The Lost Boys
After his brother, Michael, drinks blood and gets mixed up with a rough biker gang rumored to be a coven of vampires, Sam and his two vampire-hunter friends -- armed with garlic and holy water -- try to rid the town of evil.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Joel Schumacher
- This movie is
- DVD and Blu-ray
RRestricted. Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.40:1Subtitles
English, English SDH, French, Spanish (Neutral), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese, SwedishClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby True HD, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, German: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, Italian: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary; deleted scenes; The Lost Boys: A Retrospective: documentary; audio commentary; photo gallery; trailer; music video.
The Lost BoysClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie isn't suitable for kids. While not constant, there are some graphic gory moments. One is a vampire feeding frenzy and the other is the climactic scene where the brothers defend themselves and their friends from attacking vampires. Killing of innocents are mostly implied. One notable scene features a hallucination of maggots and rice.
- Sexual Content
- Implied sex.
- Implied killing of innocent people, gory deaths with a lot of bitings, dismemberments, and impaling.
- Infrequent use of the word "s--t."
- Social Behavior
- Main characters are good children, brothers who look out for each other and their family. All socially deviant behavior (in this case, vampirism) has consequences (in this case, death).
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- One reference to possible marijuana use.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it