On the heels of her husband's death, Marnie Minervini moves to Los Angeles and begins interfering with her daughter Lori's life. But after Marnie's chance encounter with a charismatic security guard, she turns her attention in a different direction.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Lorene Scafaria
PG-13Parents strongly cautioned. Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1Subtitles
English, English SDH, French, Chinese Traditional, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish (Neutral), Thai, Chinese Simplified, IndonesianClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Castilian): Dolby Digital 5.1, Portuguese (Brazilian): Dolby Digital 5.1, Thai: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that The Meddler, though often funny, deals with serious matters -- including grief, the loss of a loved one, career dissatisfaction, and the like. There's some swearing, including a use of "f--k," as well as a scene in which a character panics and ingests someone else's bag of pot so that police won't find it. Other scenes have social drinking, allusions to sex (including a post-casual sex pregnancy scare), a very brief mention of abortion, and some pretty frank moments of self-reflection.
- Sexual Content
- Allusion to using an online website to find a quick hook-up; a woman thinks she's pregnant after having casual sex (the incident isn't shown).
- Infrequent, but runs the gamut from "damn" to a use of "f--k."
- Social Behavior
- Healthy boundaries are important, but so is caring about the ones you love.
- Apple products (especially iPhone) and brands/companies like Crate & Barrel and Cadillac make an appearance.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- A character panics and ingests a bag of pot that belongs to someone else so that the police won't find it. Social drinking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it