The Million Dollar Hotel
A gang of outcasts and misfits live in a downtown Los Angeles fleapit known as the Million Dollar Hotel. When a billionaire's son (Tim Roth) dies in the hotel, a federal agent (Mel Gibson) arrives to investigate, turning everyone's lives upside down. While trying to determine whether the death was a murder or a suicide, he uncovers a web of deceit that runs surprisingly deep. Jeremy Davies and Milla Jovovich co-star.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Wim Wenders
- This movie is
RRestricted. Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; region 1 encoding; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentary by director Wim Wenders and U2's Bono; U2 "Ground Beneath Her Feet" music video directed by Wenders; cast/crew interviews; deleted scenes; theatrical trailer
The Million Dollar HotelClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that there is a lot of mature content here, but most older teens won't have the patience for it anyway. Parents should be aware of some mature themes (murder/suicide, the exploitation of mentally handicapped characters) as well as some extreme profanity and violence.
- Sexual Content
- There is physical affection between Eloise and Tom Tom, but nothing too objectionable.
- A suicide (or murder) in the form of a plunge from a building.
- Plenty--there's a very foul-mouthed elderly resident who uses the F-word and every other profanity imaginable.
- Social Behavior
- Some diversity in the cast.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it