The Mystical Adventures of Billy Owens
The day he turns 11, Billy's (Dalton Mugridge) life changes forever when he discovers William Thurgood's (Roddy Piper) Treasure Trove & Pawn Shop and picks up a magic wand. His life soon fills with magical creatures and haunted caves. With the help of his friends, Devon (Christopher Fazio) and Mandy (Ciara O'Hanlon), Billy must learn to control his new powers and battle evil in this enchanting children's fantasy adventure.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Mark McNabb
Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
The Mystical Adventures of Billy OwensClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this tedious and confusing attempt at making a Harry Potter-type film features some bullying and mild insults. There are also some interactions between kids and a troll and a giant sword-wielding skeleton that might be scary to younger viewers, though the animation quality makes suspending disbelief difficult.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Some scary skeletons and a troll that might be frightening for younger viewers, though the computer animation is so poorly done that it's clearly pretend. Some instances of a bully pushing and shoving Billy and his friends. In one scene Billy is urged to "kill" a mystical creature who is threatening him and his friends.
- No profanity, but a bully character often calls Billy and his friends names like "loser," "geek," and "punk."
- Social Behavior
- Characters work together to stand up to a bully, to fight a giant skeleton, and to solve the mystery of various goings-on in their town, living up to one mother's maxim: "Friendship is the strongest bond."
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it