The New Detectives: Seasons 1 & 2
Drawing on fields such as computer technology, psychology, chemistry and even entomology, forensic experts and criminal investigators from various agencies use their know-how and skills to crack cases wide open and bring criminals to justice. This series focuses on tools and techniques used by professionals, including DNA analysis and other forensics, psychological profiling, ballistics analysis, cutting-edge fingerprint identification and more.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
The New Detectives: Seasons 1 & 2Close
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this reality-based crime investigation show deals with gruesome crimes and very disturbing scenarios like a man setting a woman on fire. While what appears onscreen isn't graphic, the narrator and interviewees describe crimes and violence in detail. Reenactments sometimes show people arguing and struggling physically, as well as crime scenes with dead bodies.
- Sexual Content
- Some shows might include discussion of sexual topics (semen, etc.) in the course of investigating a crime.
- Murder, arson, robbery, assault, rape -- all possible topics are discussed and investigated. Reenactments show limited physical violence, but the narrator describes violence in detail.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Follows law enforement as they try to solve crimes, put away criminals, and give closure to the affected families. Criminal behavior is described in detail.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Some reenactments show people smoking and drinking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it