The Night of the Iguana
Working as a tour guide in Mexico, the defrocked alcoholic Rev. Shannon (Richard Burton) steers a group of visiting American teachers to Maxine Faulk's (Ava Gardner) rundown hotel, where he soon becomes entangled in relationships with three very different women. Based on the Tennessee Williams play, this sexually charged drama from John Huston received several Academy Award and Golden Globe nominations, winning the Oscar for Best Costume Design.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- John Huston
- This movie is
- 1965 BAFTA®
- Best Actress nominee: Ava Gardner
- 1965 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture nominee
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Best Director (Motion Picture) nominee
- Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture nominee
- Best Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- 1965 Academy Award®
- Best Costume Design Black and White
- Best Cinematography Black and White nominee
- Best Art Direction Black and White nominee
- Best Supporting Actress nominee: Grayson Hall
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary; making-of featurette; trailer; premiere highlights.
The Night of the IguanaClose
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it