The Nutty Professor
Humiliated while trying to impress a pretty grad student, portly professor Sherman Klump takes a massive dose of his new weight-loss potion. Unfortunately, the now-svelte Sherman proves to be an insufferable jerk.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Tom Shadyac
- 1997 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) nominee
- Top 100 Laughs nominee
- 1997 Academy Award®
- Best Makeup
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
French: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; region 1 encoding; interactive menus; enhanced for 16x9 TVs; parental lock
The Nutty ProfessorClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this film has many sexual references, a torrent of profanity, nasty insults (including fat jokes and racial epithets), and a misguided obsession with flatulence. The anally-fixated script, which is packed with smutty double entendres and jokes about "colon cleansing," may delight twelve-year-old boys, but parents may well be horrified that this is what now passes for family entertainment in Hollywood.
- Sexual Content
- Buddy picks up three tramps and takes him back to his apartment for a wild orgy. The next morning they're all shown sleeping together in his bed. References to penises, breasts, and oral sex.
- Buddy punches a lab assistant a few times.
- Lots of crude language for a PG-13
- Social Behavior
- Many fat jokes and racial epithets. Lots of nasty insults, flatulence jokes, and smutty double entendres.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it