A Navy SEAL who ends up as a baby sitter for a crop of unruly kids is shocked to discover that it's the hardest job he's ever had. His mission? Protect the children of a scientist who was killed while working on a top-secret government project.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Adam Shankman
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1, Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: DTS 5.1 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that The Pacifier has a lot of cartoonish "action violence": no blood and no on-screen shooting but an exploding helicopter, a glimpse of a dead body, a lot of kicking and hitting. A parent is killed (off-screen). There's a lot of potty humor including many diaper jokes and a character covered with sewage. There's also some crude schoolyard language including "bite me," "boobs," "spaz," "skanky." One daughter wears a crucifix, though there is no further evidence of any religious faith. The portrayal of the bad guys has some unpleasantly racist overtones, and some of the "humorous" insults are sexist and homophobic. And there's intrusive product placement for Costco and other brands.
- Sexual Content
- A lot of diaper humor.
- Characters in peril, kick-boxing and off-screen shooting, cartoonish and action-style violence.
- Some crude schoolyard language.
- Social Behavior
- Some stereotypes and cliches.
- Intrusive product placement for Costco and other brands.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it