The Penguins of Madagascar: The All-Nighter Before Christmas
This holiday-themed episode from the animated TV series follows Skipper, Rico and their lovable penguin pals as they scramble to locate a yuletide tree and Santa to give the zoo's baby animals a Christmas to remember.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
The Penguins of Madagascar: The All-Nighter Before ChristmasClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this holiday special is a merry addition to the popular animated series The Penguins of Madagascar, and most of its content is worry-free for kids. There's some mild language ("shut it," "stupid," and "oh, sugarplums") that you might not want your kids repeating, and the characters' problem-solving tactics are questionable at best (stealing a tree because it's the biggest, for instance), but viewed in the intended humorous light, the special is mostly harmless for older kids. Very young kids might be upset at scenes that show a Santa figure tied up and slapped or hit by a truck, so use your judgment if this kind of material bothers your kids.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Characters slap each other and survive long falls, and a man dressed as Santa is hit by a truck, but all of it is intended to be funny and doesn't lead to injury.
- No cursing, but there's some substitute swearing like "oh, sugarplums" -- as well as words like "lame," "stupid," and "shut it" that parents might not want their kids to repeat.
- Social Behavior
- Kids learn that fancy trappings like decorations, games, and music aren't the source of Christmas spirit, which is instead found in making people happy and being with the people you care about. Potty humor includes a scene showing a character blowing a bubble out of a kazoo that he removed from his nose.
- This holiday special is part of The Penguins of Madagascar series.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it