The Pink Panther 2
Blundering detective Clouseau is back in another antic-filled caper. This time, he joins a team of equally incompetent detectives to foil a thief from heisting historical artifacts. But is this bumbling crew able to keep up with their nimble quarry?
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Harald Zwart
- DVD and Blu-ray
- 2010 Razzie® Awards
- Worst Actor nominee: Steve Martin
PGSome suggestive humor, brief mild language and action
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; gag reel; trailers.
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 HD, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailers; gag reel; making-of featurette; behind-the-scenes featurette.
The Pink Panther 2Close
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this sequel to 2006's The Pink Panther is very similar to its predecessor. It's full of slapstick scenes involving pratfalls, wine bottles, cakes, fires, karate attacks, etc. There's one glimpse of a dead body, and a climactic scene features a gun-wielding criminal. Language is relatively mild -- mostly insults like "idiot" and "stupid" -- and sexual references are limited to a couple of on-going flirtations, allusions to relationships, and one celebratory kiss. Adults drink wine and cocktails.
- Sexual Content
- Flirting, a couple of dates, allusions to sexually attractive women, and one kiss.
- Lots of slapstick violence; a restaurant burns down (twice); a dead man is shown (briefly); a character shoots a gun at a crowd.
- Mild insults like "idiot," "stupid," "French idiot," and "disgusting." Also "oh my God."
- Social Behavior
- The blissfully (or perhaps wilfully?) ignorant Clouseau makes potentially offensive comments, like calling a co-worker "sexy" or kids "piglets." But he's also a man of great loyalty to his country and his assignment to safeguard the Pink Panther. Jokes are made at the Pope's expense.
- Products/brands featured or mentioned include Radio Shack, Smart Car, Range Rover, eBay, Mercedes, and CNN.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Adults have wine at dinner -- there's a gag involving a storage case of wine bottles falling -- and cocktails at a party.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it