In director Mark Rydell's comedic drama based on a William Faulkner novel, 11-year-old Lucius McCaslin (Mitch Vogel) finds an unlikely friend in Boon (Steve McQueen), a handyman and philanderer. Along with Boon and his best friend, Ned (Rupert Crosse), Lucius makes his way to the big city. His goal is to gain some insight in how to handle the crises life throws his way, but wisdom doesn't arrive easily. This classic was nominated for two Oscars.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Mark Rydell
- 1970 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture nominee
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) nominee
- 1970 Academy Award®
- Best Supporting Actor nominee: Rupert Crosse
- Best Music Score nominee
PG-13Sexual content, brief nudity, language and thematic elements
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital Mono, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it