The Sandlot 2
Ten years after a quirky group of boys first gathered in the titular sandlot to play America's favorite pastime, a new generation of baseball enthusiasts has formed -- and this time, they've even agreed to let three girls join the team! Things go well for the young players until a run-in with menacing neighbor Mr. Mertle and his ferocious dog threatens to ruin their summer fun. Stars Cole Evan Weiss and James Earl Jones. David M. Evans directs.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- David M. Evans
Widescreen 1.85:1, Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; director's commentary; cast and crew information.
The Sandlot 2Close
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that there is a surprising amount of profanity for a PG movie, and graphic bathroom humor. There are some scary moments as a dog chases small children. There is some boy/girl romance, with one smooch, and a more aggressive kiss where a character kisses a girl against her will. While the cast is diverse and there are some issues early on about gender equality, the film never addresses these ideas thoroughly.
- Sexual Content
- Some boy/girl romance, an aggressive and unwanted kiss.
- Rough and tumble, a brief fistfight. An unwanted kiss.
- Frequent mild profanity (Hell, crap, ass) and one strong profanity (s-word).
- Social Behavior
- Some social issues addressed, diversity celebrated and positive examples of teamwork.
- A pair of Nike sneakers help the hero save the day, "Just Do It" included in dialogue.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it