The Shaggy Dog
In this remake of the classic Disney comedy, harried attorney Dave Douglas finds himself cuddling up to his wife and kids in his new role as the family pet after a dog bite by an animal test subject turns him into a hairy, misunderstood canine.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Brian Robbins
- 2007 Razzie® Awards
- Worst Actor nominee: Tim Allen
Widescreen 1.85:1, Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; music video.
The Shaggy DogClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that because this story involves animals, there's a lot of butt-sniffing and slapstick jokes. While no animals are harmed, an injection with a large needle and cattle prod are used to threaten them and -- since he's a dog --Tim Allen. Allen inadvertently appears nude in front of the courthouse (although no nudity is shown) and mutters, "Everyone's gonna need therapy after this."
- Sexual Content
- Nudity is implied but not shown as Tim Allen changes back and forth into a canine.
- Cattle prod, injections used to threaten animals. Mild peril.
- Words such as butt and pee.
- Social Behavior
- Bad behavior is met with consequences.
- Numerous Kellogg's product placements (Pop Tarts, Special K, Rice Krispies) and Coca-Cola products (Coke, Diet Coke, Minute Maid).
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it