The Special Relationship
Screenwriter Peter Morgan (The Deal, The Queen) delivers a third film centered on the career of British Prime Minister Tony Blair (Michael Sheen) with this political drama chronicling Blair's relationships with two U.S. presidents: Bill Clinton and George W. Bush. Dennis Quaid takes on the challenge of portraying President Clinton, with Hope Davis co-starring as then-First Lady Hillary Clinton in this Emmy nominee for Best Made-for-TV Movie.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Richard Loncraine
- This movie is
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
The Special RelationshipClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this docudrama chronicles the political relationship between President Bill Clinton and Prime Minister Tony Blair during the eight years the Clinton was in office. The former president's criminal investigation into his extramarital affairs is a major theme, as are the violent events that took place in Northern Ireland and Kosovo during that time (news footage of the violence is visible). The movie also contains some strong words like "bulls--t" and "f--k." It isn't intended for kids, but it will appeal to teens and adults with an interest in history and/or politics.
- Sexual Content
- Clinton's extramarital affairs are prominently discussed. Contains references to the size of men's genitalia and sexual acts. Male cast members are sometimes shown shirtless; female cast members are sometimes shown in modest undergarments.
- Contains real-life footage of violence that took place during their leadership, including bloody protests and explosions in Northern Ireland, and images of genocide victims in Kosovo.
- Words like "piss," "bitch," "s--t," and "f--k" are audible.
- Social Behavior
- The series highlights the unique political loyalty the two world leaders had for each other during their leadership. It also underscores the fact that this loyalty is primarily politically (and not personally) motivated.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Consumption of wine, champagne, and other alcoholic beverages is visible during meals and receptions.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it