The Trumpet of the Swan
This colorful animated tale follows a mute young trumpeter swan named Louie, who falls for beautiful swan Serena but is frustrated because he can't express his feelings to her -- until he receives a trumpet as a gift.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Richard Rich
- This movie is
Widescreen 1.77:1, Pan-and-Scan 1.33:1Subtitles
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; additional DVD ROM features.
The Trumpet of the SwanClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that The Trumpet of the Swan is a 2001 animated film. It has some tension and peril but is a fine family film based on E.B. White's story. Louie's father breaks a store window and steals a trumpet. The father is chased and shot at. Louie and Boyd fight over the girl they both like. A fox tries to attack some swans. A mean boy is about to go over a waterfall, but Louie swoops in to save him. Louie flies through a lightning storm. Convinced that his son will be a failure because he doesn't have a beautiful swan voice, Louie's dad risks his life to find a voice substitute. An unscrupulous human tries to take advantage of Louie's great talents. Name-calling includes "creep," "feather breath," and "worm eater."
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Louie's father breaks a store window and steals a trumpet. Louie's father is chased and shot at. Louie and Boyd fight over the girl they both like. A fox tries to attack some swans. A mean boy is about to go over a waterfall, but Louie swoops in to save him.
- "Creep," "feather breath," "worm eater."
- Social Behavior
- "If we try our very, very best, we can do anything we set our minds to." Sometimes the biggest obstacles turn out to be blessings. Conventional wisdom isn't necessarily the best kind of wisdom.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it