This Is Spinal Tap
Rob Reiner's cult satire about a fictional heavy metal group named Spinal Tap spoofs nearly every facet of rock 'n' roll -- from vacuous modern songwriting and half-baked album promos to over-the-top pyrotechnic-filled concerts.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Rob Reiner
- This movie is
- DVD and Blu-ray
- Top 100 Laughs
RRestricted. Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; audio commentary; cast and crew interviews; additional footage; tv spots.
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 HD, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentary; director's commentary; trailer; deleted scenes; Catching Up with Marty DiBergi; music videos; additional featurettes.
This Is Spinal TapClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Spinal Tap is a fictional band, and Rob Reiner's classic "mockumentary" about them highlights their failure. There are moments when the language gets a bit heavy with curse words, but they tend to be short and sporadic. Violence and sex are almost non-existent except for the songs, which tend to be heavy with sexual innuendo. Lots of references to drugs and alcohol. But much of the humor will go right over younger kids' head.
- Sexual Content
- Lots of sexual innuendo; almost all song lyrics are about sex. Not much actually shown.
- One cartoonish scene in which a man smashes things with a cricket bat.
- All major curse words used during conversations, mostly when people are angry.
- Social Behavior
- While the band members are comically tragic failures, they do pursue their dreams. And nobody engages in anti-social or criminal behavior.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Smoking, some casual drinking. Lots of references to drugs and alcohol.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it