Thomas & Friends: The Great Discovery
As the trains prepare for the Sodor Day celebration, Thomas gets lost in the mountains. When he returns with news that he's discovered an old town called Great Waterton, everyone pitches in to help get the little village ready for the big day.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Pierce Brosnan
- Steve Asquith
- This movie is
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; behind-the-scenes featurette; interactive games; music video.
Thomas & Friends: The Great DiscoveryClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that there are moments of real physical peril for the flawed hero that may worry his preschool-aged fans: Thomas nearly plunges from a suspension bridge, is cast into a dark mining shaft, and then almost sinks. Virtually every animated train, plane, truck, and barge in the Thomas & Friends pantheon has at least a small role in the movie, including the few female characters.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Thomas nearly plunges from a suspension bridge, is cast into a dark mining shaft, and then almost sinks.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Thomas learns hard lessons about both jealousy and leadership during his adventure. Teasing and tricking starts out harmless but escalates to cause real damage, and Thomas is publicly shamed by his friends. His sincere efforts to fix his mistake, as well as his evident remorse, restore his good standing and self-esteem.
- Thomas the Tank Engine has plentiful tie-ins to books, toys, clothes, and other related merchandise.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it