Tom Goes to the Mayor: The Complete Series
After Tom Peters moves to sleepy Jefferton, he becomes a constant presence in the town mayor's office. A satiric barb at government ineptitude and misguided civic pride, the show sees the mayor invariably agreeing to any crackpot idea Tom proposes.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Tom Goes to the Mayor: The Complete SeriesClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this quirky animated series earns its place in the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim lineup with strong sexual innuendo (including references to oral sex, masturbation, and sadomasochism) and rude behavior. It's definitely not intended for kids, and the fact that much its humor is based on negative stereotypes might not appeal to adults, either. Expect some drinking, drug references, bleeped language, and limited use of guns.
- Sexual Content
- Strong sexual innuendo, including references to sexual intercourse, oral sex, masturbation, and sadomasochism. Homosexual references. Lewd behavior is sometimes visible, including a woman reaching for Tom's crotch, spanking, and simulated sucking. In one episode, The Mayor is involved in a sex scandal, and Tom is asked to cover it up.
- Some minor pushing and shoving. Occasional animated gun violence, including the use of tranquilizer guns.
- Language includes words like "damn" and "hell." Occasional use of stronger words is bleeped.
- Social Behavior
- Tom is a nice guy with good intentions who loves his wife and family (although he's sexually attracted to other women). The series presents some strong negative stereotypes about people living in small-town America; few are presented as intelligent or good looking.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Visible consumption of alcohol and tobacco products (like pipe smoking). Some subtle drug references.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it