Tom and Jerry Back to Oz
Dorothy and Tom and Jerry get thrust back to the Land of Oz when an evil Gnome King takes over the Emerald City and sends flying monkeys to Kansas to steal Dorothy's magical ruby slippers.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Children & Family
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
English SDHClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access
Tom and Jerry Back to OzClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Tom and Jerry: Back to Oz is a sequel to 2011's Tom and Jerry & The Wizard of Oz. The new story takes place just after Dorothy has returned to Auntie Em and Uncle Henry Gale's farm. Many songs from the classic movie score are included, along with some bright new musical numbers. Tom and Jerry are mostly adjunct players in this action adventure, but still provide fun and farcical pratfalls (i.e., Tom roasts on a spit, is captured by flying horseshoes) for fans' delight. The bulk of the story belongs to perennial favorites: Dorothy, The Scarecrow, The Tin Man, The Cowardly Lion, et al. It's important that the youngest viewers are comfortable with cartoon mayhem as opposed to real scares as it's an action-packed story with a preening, cackling villain, armies of flying monkeys and gnomes, a twister, an earthquake, as well as tumbles, crashes, wild rides, and heroes often in jeopardy.
- Frequent slapstick action. Likeable characters face a tornado, earthquake, attacks from scary flying monkeys, a sinking city, kidnapping, and The Gnome King (a cackling, comically aggressive villain) and his army. Tom, Jerry, and other familiar characters are smashed, crashed, find themselves on harrowing rides, nearly drown, plunge over cliff sides. Familiar series cartoon antics: pies and eggs in face, a spinning hammock, attacked by horseshoes... the usual.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Kids, not just grownups, are capable and can accomplish important tasks: "A brave spirit is ageless." Promotes teamwork and loyalty.
- Another entry in the Tom and Jerry franchise.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it