Transformers Prime: Darkness Rising
After failing to arrive soon enough to save Autobot Cliffjumper from death at the hands of Decepticon forces, Optimus Prime and the other Autobots fight on. Meanwhile, Megatron has obtained a rare element that gives him immense power.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- This movie is
TV-Y7-FVDirected to Older Children - Fantasy Violence. For those programs where fantasy violence may be more intense or more combative than other programs in this category, such programs will be designated TV-Y7-FV
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Transformers Prime: Darkness RisingClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that violence is the main concern in this latest addition to the Transformers franchise, which goes by the name Transformers Prime and Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters. Clashes between the Decepticons and the Autobots are explosive and include gunfire, crashes, and dismemberment (of robots, that is), and a few humans are involved enough that their lives are in danger. A main character dies early in the series, and the loss of their teammate motivates the Autobots even more. Expect kids' interest in the show to encourage their desire for the multitude of products that also sport the Transformers name. That said, as action series go, there's a fair amount of positive content here related to the Autobots' unselfish willingness to put themselves in harm's way to protect humankind.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Violent clashes between the Autobots and the Decepticions are central to the show's plot, as they engage in an ongoing battle for domination of Earth. Guns, explosions, violent impacts, etc. are common, and a main character dies at the hands of the Decepticons in the first episode. A few humans are threatened in the exchanges.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Positive messages about compassion and charity can be drawn from the Autobots' unselfish protection of humans. Good and evil are clearly defined, and good doesn't always triumph over evil in this show, giving some aspect of reality to the storyline.
- The series is linked to an extensive marketing line of toys, games, clothing, and accessories for kids.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it