Tristan & Isolde
When gallant English knight Tristan wins the love of beautiful Isolde -- the daughter of the Irish king -- soon after the fall of the Roman Empire, their liaison threatens to destroy the uneasy truce between their respective nations.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Kevin Reynolds
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; director's commentary; making-of featurette.
Tristan & IsoldeClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this film includes several fierce medieval battle scenes, featuring swords, mallets, spears, knives, and arrows, and resulting in dead and bloody/wounded bodies. The young lovers appear in various states of undress and throes of passion (kissing, embracing, hiding from authorities); in one scene, two women strip to lie next to the naked, just washed-ashore Tristan in order to warm him. The young lovers engage in an adulterous affair after she is married. Characters drink during party scenes.
- Sexual Content
- Heaving breasts and heavy breathing, brief nudity, discussion of sex and lust.
- Bloody battles with medieval weapons (swords, hammers, spears, poison), producing bloody bodies; three major battle scenes, assorted other competitions and fights.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- King offers his daughter as a prize to contest winner; young lovers commit adultery.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking of ale and wine at parties.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it