Taking a cue from those plastic troll dolls with gravity-defying hair, five colorful teens enjoy magical powers in the land of Trollzopolis. Yet the girls still deal with typical adolescent dramas, including boys, dating, clothes and money.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that the main characters of this vapid cartoon series are five teenage girl trolls who spend most of their time battling evil and obsessing about boy trolls. There are few, if any, positive social messages here, with the exception of valuing friendship. Negative words like "dumb" and "loser" are use frequently.
- Sexual Content
- The girls sometimes wear skimpy outfits.
- The Trollz battle their nemesis, Simon, with magic gems.
- "Butt," plus negative words like "loser" and "jerk."
- Social Behavior
- These Trollz are very shallow and materialistic; they're shopping- and boy-obsessed. But they do place a high value on friendship.
- The series serves as a vehicle for selling Trollz toys, plain and simple.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it