In 1193 B.C., love-struck Prince Paris of Troy kidnaps legendary beauty Helen from her husband, setting their two nations on a collision course for war and bloodshed. The Greeks marshal their entire armada, sail to Troy and begin a decade-long siege.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Wolfgang Petersen
- DVD and Blu-ray
- 2005 Academy Award®
- Best Costume Design nominee
RGraphic violence and some sexuality/nudity
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; easter eggs; featurettes; photo gallery; trailer.
Widescreen 1.78:1, Widescreen 2:40:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral), French, Korean, Portuguese, English SDH, Chinese SimplifiedClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: PCM 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; behind-the-scenes featurette; Troy Revisited: An Introduction by Wolfgang Petersen; additional featurettes.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know the movie has almost-constant battle violence with graphic and brutal injuries. The weapons include knives, swords, spears, arrows, and fire. Many characters are killed. The movie also has sexual references and situations and brief nudity. A virgin priestess is made available to the soldiers for rape as part of the spoils of war, but this is unacceptable to one of the warriors.
- Sexual Content
- Sexual references and situations including threesome, reference to rape, nudity.
- Extreme, intense, and graphic battle violence with swords, knives, spears, and fire; many characters brutally killed.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- The movie, which is based on The Illiad, should be about love, honor, betrayal, fate, ambition, and of course, hubris, but it is really more about fighting.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Characters drink wine.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it