Tyler Perry's The Haves and The Have Nots
Grandma Hattie's family is struggling to save her home from foreclosure. When her daughter and son-in-law go to work for a wealthy man and his young trophy wife, it looks like their money troubles are over ... until a new set of problems arise.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Tyler Perry
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Tyler Perry's The Haves and The Have NotsClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that The Haves and the Have Nots contains all the traditional trappings of a typical soap opera, including lots of scandals, sexual content (including themes like extramarital affairs and prostitution), folks in partial stages of undress, and other steamy stuff. Drinking is frequent, and addiction, cutting, and other destructive behaviors are discussed.
- Sexual Content
- Sexual material includes scenes of people in bed and partially dressed (no nudity). Prostitution, illicit affairs, and other themes are prominent.
- Arguments occasionally break out. One character cuts herself.
- Words like "piss" are audible.
- Social Behavior
- The series underscores that what appear to be perfect lives are sometimes very dysfunctional. The series contains questionable messages about family, relationships, and other issues, but bribery and addiction are presented as a very negative behaviors.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Characters drink champagne, wine, and cocktails. Some cast members are struggling with and/or recovering from alcohol and drug addiction problems.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it