Ultimate Avengers 2
Unable to protect his isolated kingdom from alien invaders, the Black Panther turns to the legendary heroes known as the Avengers to help save his mysterious jungle homeland in this action-packed animated adventure.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- This movie is
- DVD and streaming
PG-13Parents strongly cautioned. Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.
Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailers; making-of featurettes.
Ultimate Avengers 2Close
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Ultimate Avengers 2: Rise of the Panther is an animated feature sequel (to Ultimate Avengers), and contains many similarities to the 2012 live-action feature film, but also some differences. It has near-constant fantasy violence as the heroes battle aliens. There are lots of weapons, ranging from spears to high-tech guns. Characters are wounded, and some die, but very little blood is shown. Female characters wear sexy, revealing clothing and we see flirting and a kiss. Characters drink occasionally, but the drinking problems that are implied in the previous film are not present in this one. Teens with serious Avengers fever may go back to see this, and it doesn't have anything any more or less objectionable than the theatrical release.
- Sexual Content
- Natalia wears her knockout red dress again, showing off her various curves. All the female characters wear tight, revealing outfits. Characters develop crushes on one another, and a married couple fights. There's a passionate kiss at the end.
- This sequel is more violent than its predecessor, with more constant attacks and battling. Weapons include spears, arrows, guns, and various missile launchers and high tech artillery. The violence is largely bloodless, but characters do feel pain. Characters are wounded, and characters, both major and minor, die. Characters also have visions and nightmares that contain some scary imagery.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Characters occasionally resist working with others and asking for help, while wrestling with their own personal demons, but they eventually learn that things go smoother when embracing teamwork.
- Tie-in to vast quantities of related merchandise.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Both Tony Stark and Thor are seen drinking one time each, and consuming far less than in the last movie. Bruce Banner is gassed several times to keep the Hulk under control.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it