Under the Volcano
Self-destructive alcoholic Geoffrey Firmin tries to reconnect with his estranged wife, Yvonne (Jacqueline Bisset), during a small Mexican village's raucous Day of the Dead festivities in the final days before World War II, but only manages to further distance himself. Albert Finney delivers an Oscar-nominated performance as the dying British diplomat in director John Huston's classic film version of the Malcolm Lowry novel.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- John Huston
- This movie is
- 1985 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture nominee
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- 1985 Academy Award®
- Best Music Score nominee
- Best Actor nominee: Albert Finney
RRestricted. Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentary; making-of featurette; cast and crew interview.
Under the VolcanoClose
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it