Working together to expose the truth about their bloodlines, vampire warrior Selene and werewolf hybrid Michael learn the backstory to the ongoing conflict between the patrician Death Dealers and the barbarous Lycans.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Len Wiseman
- DVD, Blu-ray and streaming
RPervasive strong violence and gore, some sexuality/nudity and language
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
English, FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 Surround, French: DTS 5.1 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; director's commentary; making-of featurettes; Music Video: "Her Portrait in Black" by Atreyu.
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.40:1Subtitles
English SDH, English, French, Spanish (Neutral), Portuguese, Chinese SimplifiedClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: PCM Surround, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this film features incessant, stylized, and graphic violence. Modes of death and injury include decapitation, disembowelment, dismemberment, piercing, crossbowing, impaling, chopping, and shooting, as well as slamming with trucks and jeeps, massive fiery explosions, biting and ripping with fangs, digging into chest cavities, and penetrating limbs, torsos, and heads with spearlike wingtips. Motivations include vengeance and power-madness. Selene uses a truck to slam a vampire into a mountainside repeatedly, a chopper with whirring blades serves to splatter a villain excessively. A sex scene features slow motion naked bodies in softlit profile. Some drinking in a tavern, some blood-drinking in a wineglass, smoking in the background of a couple of scenes; one scene features explicit vomiting. Characters curse occasionally ("hell," s-word, and f-word, one rendered in subtitle).
- Sexual Content
- Sex scene includes naked bodies in profile, closeups of impassioned, beautifully lit faces.
- Repeated fight and battle scenes; injuries include bites, decapitation, dismemberment, disembowelment, chests ripped open, bodies thrown against walls/trees, bodies pierced, shredded, and shot; weapons include crossbows, spears, axes, automatic guns, hands with claws for fingernails, and vehicles.
- Several uses of s-word; two f-words (one in subtitle).
- Social Behavior
- Vampires and werewolves hate and destroy each other; one power-mad, hugely strong and winged vampire wants to run the world.
- Not applicable.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Brief drinking in tavern; one vampire drinks blood in a wine glass; some smoking by supporting characters.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it