When a group of grown school chums begin receiving scary messages from an unknown sender, the women are killed off one by one by a psycho in a Cupid mask. They suspect the murderer is a geek they had rejected in junior high, but can he be stopped? The boy had been savagely beaten by his classmates and later sent to reform school -- and it seems he has come back to exact his revenge just in time for Valentine's Day.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Jamie Blanks
English, FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; region 1 encoding; interactive menus; scene access; commentary by director Jamie Blanks; club reel of the song "Opticon" by Orgy; trailer; cast & crew filmographies.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that kids will be upset by this horror movie's atrocious violence, the mean-spiritedness of just about every character, the lack of parental figures, and the ineffectiveness of the police. Characters are offed in grisly ways, most involving knives, but there's also an electrocution, death by iron, an axe to the back, a decapitation (off-screen), an arrow to the guts, and shooting. Women are stalked and receive threatening letters, and a young boy is unjustifiably teased and beaten. The women on display are sexually aggressive, and some of them die for it. Mature themes include murder, cruelty toward grade-school peers, alcoholism, unkindness among friends, and mocking "fat" girls.
- Sexual Content
- One girl ties up a naked guy, and then punishes him for demanding oral sex by pouring hot wax on his privates. Later, she is murdered in a hot tub while wearing a very skimpy bikini. Another girl is seen in bed with a young man she barely knows, although he seems to have been unable to perform. Plenty of kissing and sexually frank discussions.
- Lots of women and a couple of men are offed in grisly ways, most involving knives, but there is also an electrocution, death by iron, an axe to the back, a decapitation (off-screen), an arrow to the guts, and shooting. The lead girl whacks her boyfriend/s
- Occasional extreme profanity, frequent moderate profanity.
- Social Behavior
- Not one single character of color appears. The women on display are sexually aggressive, and some of them die for it. Cruelty toward grade-school peers, mocking "fat girls".
- Not applicable.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking. One character is an alcoholic.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it