VeggieTales Classics: Rack, Shack and Benny
A candymaker is giving away chocolates, but Rack, Shack and Benny know their parents don't want them to gorge on treats. When everyone else gets to chow down, the crew learns to stand up for what's right, even if the crowd follows a different path.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- This movie is
NRDirected to Older Children. This program is designed for children age 7 and above.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentary; trailers; behind-the-scenes features; art gallery; karaoke; Web links; songs; DVD-ROM features.
VeggieTales Classics: Rack, Shack and BennyClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this story from the Christian-based Veggie Tales franchise is a humorous retelling of a biblical story that deals with peer pressure. One action sequence in which the three heroes try to escape from a fiery furnace may be scary or too intense for the very youngest kids. Generally, however, cheery songs and funny characters serve to drive home the film's primary messages: No matter what everybody else is doing, do what you know is right, and stand up for what you believe in.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- One suspenseful sequence as three Veggie heroes are labeled "BAD" and threatened with being thrown into a blazing furnace. Laura Carrot attempts to rescue them and they are all chased by two guards. The heroes ultimately land in the furnace, but a miracle (God) saves them.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Multiple characters must choose between going along with the crowd or doing what they know is right. In all cases, it is shown that standing up for what you believe in and remembering what you've taught and behaving accordingly is far more important than "being cool." The film specifically deals with hearing the inner voice of our conscience even when "our parents aren't here and we're on our own." And because, this is a Christian-based story, the second part of the message is that "God will back you up."
- VeggieTales is a thriving franchise with toys, DVDs, merchandise, etc.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it