VeggieTales: Sweetpea Beauty
In this VeggieTales take on happy endings, the jealous Queen Blueberry sets her sights on Sweetpea Beauty, a ravishing rhubarb who's the prettiest in the land. But when the Queen's magic mirror cracks, Sweetpea's true beauty really shines through.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- This movie is
NRAll Children. This program is designed to be appropriate for all children.
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
VeggieTales: Sweetpea BeautyClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that like other VeggieTales features, this movie has religious overtones. Sweetpea Beauty says: "My father taught me that God gave everything a purpose, but we can only see it if we look deeper than the way something, or someone, looks on the outside." These lessons might not be a fit for families who are not very religious.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- The queen wants to banish Sweetpea Beauty. The magic mirror tries to destroy the castle and throws rocks at other characters. Mirror falls to his death from a great height.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Characters who are obsessed with beauty learn lessons about what inner beauty means. Religious context does provide a framework for these fairy tales -- God is called "Father" and is referred to as "Him." Sweetpea reads from Proverbs in the Bible.
- VeggieTales is a thriving franchise with toys, DVDs, merchandise, etc.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- The Queen gives Sweetpea Beauty a drink intended to make her sleep.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it