Based on a true story, director Joel Schumacher's brisk thriller stars Cate Blanchett as unrelenting Irish journalist Veronica Guerin, whose single-minded investigation of Dublin's underground drug trade gives rise to shocking consequences.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Joel Schumacher
- This movie is
- 2004 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 Surround, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; director's commentary; making-of featurette.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie has brutal and graphic violence and extremely strong language. The R rating is accurate. Young drug addicts are vividly depicted, including one who has become a prostitute. There are scenes in a brothel and in a strip bar and non-explicit sexual situations.
- Sexual Content
- Scenes in brothel and strip bar, sexual situations, nothing explicit.
- Brutal violence, including beating and gunshots, characters killed. Nightmare material.
- Some very strong language.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Graphic depiction of illegal drug use, drug dealing a theme of the movie, drinking and smoking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it