Viva Piñata: The Piñatas Must Be Crazy and Other Stories
Bursting with colorful characters, this set of installments from the animated children's show follows the adventures of Franklin Fizzlybear, Fergy Fudgehog, Hudson Horstachio, Paulie Pretztail and other piñata animals on magical Piñata Island. Episodes include "Cocoadile Tears," "Candiosity," "Queen for a Day," "Legs" and "A Chewnicorn in the Garden," in which Fergy and Franklin try to prove that Chewnicorns are real.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Viva Piñata: The Piñatas Must Be Crazy and Other StoriesClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this animated series is effectively a commercial for the Xbox 360 video game of the same name that's targeted at grade-school students. Storylines are based on competitions and acquiring necessary pinata elements like "candiosity." The characters cheat during their competitions, regularly get whacked by baseball bats, and, frankly, are pretty boring.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- The characters are pinatas, so they get hit by baseball-bat wielding children, but they're always repaired to party another day.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Cheating is prevalent in the competitive pinata world, and although it doesn't necessarily pay, it isn't necessarily punished, either.
- This is, in effect, a commercial for the related Xbox 360 game.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it