Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins
With money, fame and a reality star for a fiancée, R.J. Stevens travels back home to Georgia for his parents' 50th anniversary. But after pompously showing off his Hollywood lifestyle, he's forced to take a deeper look at what he's become.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Malcolm D. Lee
PG-13Crude and sexual content, language and some drug references
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted and extended scenes; alternate opening; director's commentary; cast and crew information; outtakes; music video.
Welcome Home Roscoe JenkinsClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that despite this family-reunion comedy's heartwarming message about remembering your roots and embracing your family, there are many raunchy jokes about sex -- including a scene of two dogs doing the deed. There's also plenty of foul language ("s--t," one use of "f--k," the "N" word), some of which is used in front of the characters' parents and other elders. Adult siblings bicker and get into fistfights, and there's a fair amount of social drinking (at one point, a pregnant woman drinks spiked punch).
- Sexual Content
- RJ and Bianca are shown from the shoulders up during sex. Fifi and Bucky (two dogs) are shown doing the deed and later cuddling. Reggie sees Betty naked in the shower and makes off-color references to her "bundle of black meat." Bianca reveals her shaved pubic area to RJ, but the audience doesn't see anything. Reggie and his girlfriend are dressed like a cowboy and cowgirl late at night, obviously as part of foreplay. Other characters kiss and fool around. A few condoms spill out of Betty's cleavage before she heads out to do "Christian mission" work with the imprisoned.
- Several of the siblings get into fights with RJ. One fight leaves him with a swollen bruise and the other literally bloody lipped. RJ accidentally hits his mom with a baseball.
- One "f--k," several uses each of "s--t," "bitch," "ass," "titty," and "bastard." The "N" word and "negro" are used by African-American characters.
- Social Behavior
- RJ learns that his real family, despite its flaws, is better than his fake Hollywood lifestyle. Bianca is obsessed with her image and "winning" but ultimately gets her comeuppance. Otis tells RJ he may not have a lot of money, but he feels rich nonetheless. All of that said, the movie does reinforce/perpetuate some stereotypes about African Americans.
- Some of the featured brands include Mac laptop, Budweiser beer, Cadillac Escalade, Range Rover, Survivor, Access Hollywood.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Plenty of beer at the family reunion, as well as spiked punch (even the pregnant sister-in-law drinks it), wine, and champagne.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it