What Women Want
After an electrical shock enables cocky advertising executive Nick Marshall to hear women's thoughts, he quickly puts his newfound talent to work against his female boss -- who seems to be infatuated with him.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Nancy Meyers
- This movie is
- 2001 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) nominee
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; region 1 encoding; interactive menus; scene access; enhanced for 16x9 TVs; audio commentary with director Nancy Meyers and production designer Jon Hutman; exclusive cast and crew interviews; behind-the-scenes featurette; theatrical trailers; closed captioned.
What Women WantClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie has stronger language than indicated by the previews. Nick manipulates the waitress into having sex with him by reading her thoughts. He's apalled to hear her thoughts in bed and find out what a poor lover he is. So he listens to her thoughts and is able to give her an extraordinary experience which leaves her deeply touched. He then forgets all about her until she confronts him a week later. He take the only out he can think of to explain why he had not called her -- he tells her that he's gay.
- Sexual Content
- Sexual references and situations, one-night stands, discussion of teen sex.
- Comic peril, suicidal character.
- Some strong language.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Character drinks a lot, character smokes pot when stressed.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it