Whisper of the Heart
Schoolgirl Shizuku Tsukishima -- who has a passion for reading and hopes of becoming a writer -- discovers that all the books she checks out of the library have been borrowed before by someone called Seiji Amasawa. Shizuku's curiosity soon gets the best of her, and she sets out to meet the person who shares her literary taste, which leads her to love and inspires her to pursue her dream in this charming animated tale.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Yoshifumi Kondo
- This movie is
GGeneral audiences. All ages admitted.
YesLanguage and sound
Japanese: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Whisper of the HeartClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this sweet, romantic coming-of-age anime explores universal themes of first love, awkward crushes, and discovering the life passions that will appeal to older tweens as well as teens and adults. Expect some mild insults and a single instance of adult smoking.
- Sexual Content
- Innocent tween romance is a major part of the story.
- Not applicable
- No profanity, but characters are called "stupid" and "jerks" in the midst of arguments.
- Social Behavior
- Hard work, drive, and determination are required to make your ambitions and aspirations come true. Even when the characters discover and work towards pursuing their passions, they learn that they must also devote time and effort to getting a well-rounded education.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Shizuku's father lights up a cigarette in the middle of a discussion with his wife and daughter; his wife immediately asks him to put it out, which he does after taking a lengthy puff.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it