Whitney Houston's highly flammable relationship with husband Bobby Brown is rendered candidly in this biographical drama depicting both her dizzying rise to stardom and the turbulent private life that made her an icon of the tabloids.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Angela Bassett
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
English SDHClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Whitney, a TV movie about R&B singer Whitney Houston's early relationship with Bobby Brown, contains mature themes including alcohol and drug addiction (marijuana, cocaine use visible) and some sexual situations (including brief partial nudity). A bloody shooting is shown; the language is pretty mild ("hell"). Fans of the late singer may be interested, but it's not geared toward young audiences.
- Sexual Content
- Provocative dancing and risqué bedroom scenes include people in skimpy underwear; brief nudity (partial buttocks).
- A bloody, fatal shooting is shown.
- Social Behavior
- It's a dramatized interpretation of the ultra successful but deeply troubled Houston's life. The exploitative nature of the business also is underscored.
- Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown's music is featured.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Lots of drinking; cigarette smoking. Alcoholism and drug addiction are major themes; pot and cocaine frequently used.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it